Clean up the stickies

Yes 'That's what she said'

There are a lot of useless threads at the top of most sections of the forum...could they be ruthlessly weeded? It is annoying.

Comments

• Can you be more specific?
  • no, i really can't without wasting a lot of time going through each of the forum sections...only for you/mod to go through and double check if I'm 'right'

You wouldn't take my word for it and erase them blindly, so what would be the point?

edit: please take that in the nicest most logical sounding way.
  • Please shine her shoes and pick up the dry cleaning while you are at it.
  • I personally don't see any that is "unnecessary". There were a couple in online games/general poker chat that was about the Chan Poker League that I removed a little while back, but other than that from what I see most are relevent.
  • that's retarded nonsense, and I'm too sick to be nice about it and choose different wording...

eg. How long has Cam been out of the hospital?
    The Wii COPL is over
    "Samples of stimulating discussion" is the first HOF
    "Common terminology" Is in the wrong spot...and stupid anyway, easier to look up terminology in a search format...you'd need a freaking christmas miracle to stumble upon that thread and find a term you wanted to use/define in its current location

etc.

and Caddy, if you're going to chime try to ensure you understand the point.

I would be perfectly willing to invest my time getting rid of/appropriately locating these threads..what I'm not willing to do is go section by section and then have to have the boring debate that I am currently teetering on as to which are 'valid' and necessary.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    eg. How long has Cam been out of the hospital?

Fair enough
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    The Wii COPL is over

Was unsticky'd this past weekend AFAIK
    "Samples of stimulating discussion" is the first HOF

Meh....seems like its necessary when we get whether or not to fold AA preflop into 8 pages worth discussion
    "Common terminology" Is in the wrong spot...and stupid anyway, easier to look up terminology in a search format...you'd need a freaking christmas miracle to stumble upon that thread and find a term you wanted to use/define in its current location

This is a poker forum, not a poker forum for advanced players.

I'll be more concerned with the unnecessary sub-forum-ing of the home games section over a few extra threads that rarely gets new posts anyways.
  • westside8 wrote: »

I'll concede pt. 3- but you missed what I'm saying in 4

there is no way that anyone will ever find that in Gen. Poker chat. It belongs somewhere else... PFC Info centre perhaps.

and really if you want to find out what slang means there are much better places to do so than on that uncredited page (all the slang search engines are far more efficient)
  • westside8 wrote: »

lol..ain't that the truth.
  • I just looked through all the sections and don't see anything that looks out of place. I guess Wes cleaned it all up earlier?
  • This is a poker forum, not a poker forum for advanced players.

Print that on one t-shirt, large plz.