25-50 NL on UB

Anyone ever spectate this? If not, it's definately a fun way to kill an hour or so.

I've seen some pretty amazing action @ those tables...sometimes there has been as much as $130,000 in play...even as I type this at 9:15am there is close to $30,000 in play.

I can't imagine having that much in my online account, but you can bet I'd be @ that table if i did!

Comments

• Do you mean that the players don't seem very skilled?

That's funny, because I tend to hear a *lot* about how ultra-high limit players are "bad". Although I'm sure there are some true "whales", I think the main part of it is that maybe high limit players are so good that their play just looks very strange to a player like me, who probably doesn't understand the game at that level.

Many of the plays I see the pros make on the TV coverage of WSOP, etc. seem very weird.

But, yes, I wish I had that kind of money to play with too. :)

ScottyZ
  • well, there seem to be a few very skilled players from all the time I've spent watching...but there are a surprisingly high number of bad players as well.

I don't remember all the details, because I was playing another table at the time, but by the river, there were 2 players in the hand...there were 4 cards to a flush on the board in spades (which is where I started really paying attention) i also know UTG limped in.

UTG checks and the other guy bets $7,000 into a $4,000 pot, UTG has just over $13,000 infront of him and raises allin (6k more) and the guy calls quickly.

UTG shows AdAh (there was no A on board, he had 1 pair)

the other guy shows Ks 10s and scoops a huge pot.

did UTG really think his AAs were good? did he really think the guy would fold for a raise of 6k when he'd just put 7 in? (he had about $17,000 infront of him)

the stinky part is, I'll be damned if I remember the name of the guy who was UTG in case I ever face him :)
  • Hmmmm... I'm also surprised that the 2nd nut flush calls so quickly.

Yeah, I don't think that's a great bet with the Aces. *Maybe* if he's got a lot more chips, but you're exactly right that it's tough to run that bluff with only $6K left to raise with.

Heck, maybe he didn't think it was a bluff. :)

ScottyZ
  • I also play on UB and always have the 25-50 table open in the background to spectate between hands. It is definately some crazy ass stuff going on in there. IF I had the cash, I'd be in there in a heartbeat.

also play at:

party, truepoker (sometimes) and have tried my hand at planetpoker, and royalvegas but didn't care for them much.
  • If you've got that much money at a table, wouldn't you want to be able to physically see your opponent?

I believe in the convenience of online poker, but I don't think I'd ever wager that much of my money without at least having the chance of picking up tells (or exhibiting them! :shock: )

Though of course, maybe this is peanuts to the people playing these games....

hork.
  • Though of course, maybe this is peanuts to the people playing these games....

Most likely. Perhaps the amounts you or I play with comfortably would make some people similarly swoon...
    If you've got that much money at a table, wouldn't you want to be able to physically see your opponent?

Not necessarily. Many players like online pokers like the fact that their opponents can't see *them*.

I always love when online players try to use the chat to get tells. Some even go so far as typing things as literal as "Are you bluffing?" or "Do you have the flush?" into the chat to try to get a response.

I think the next time this happens to me, I'll mash something into the chat like

"7lno4o79s4h7ogs4fo79nilrzcgnblzdf"

Go ahead and get a read off of that!

("Must mean he's get 74o... or maybe pocket nines... or he's just blzdf-ing... hmmm....")

ScottyZ
  • watch for Nick Stokes too :)
  • This game is beatable online......play live with the same group and you will get killed!! At least they cant see your nervous actions from their computer.
    This game seems to get really good whenever a few known top pros are in it. It is much tougher when all the young scandinavians are in it, also the tight tight unknown americans are tough to get money out of. And is Prahlad is in on either of his accounts, stay away.

If you got the coin, play when the game is rich with:
    PhilHellmuth
    Tiltological
    Dill Pickle