Best Royal Yet

From the starting everything on time, to actually being ahead of time before the dinner break this was, in my humble opinion (imho) the BEST Royal ever.

Thanks to jen, Miranda, and of course Sandro for all the hard work that went into this. I know there are many other people that deserve kudos, and regretably i dont know their names off hand (and i'm a little drunk). But guys...seriously, you did an awesome job. Pat yourselves on the back.

The day went off without a hitch, everything was great. Poker. Beer. Good people (and i even heard the jays won today!)
You can't go wrong with that!!

Good job all!!

Mark (quiane)

Comments

• I totally agree!
    Thanks so much Sandro, Miranda, Jen, and all the others whose names I don't know for making this such a amazing day. In addition to seeing so many forumers (familiar and new) my personal highlight was being at an Omaha table with Wolfhound, BBC, Kristy, Tyson, etc - great table and great game.
    Again, thanks to all and congrats to the winners.
    Timmehhh
  • "Ditto"

Mark
  • who won the heads up against Kristy and Mark?
  • I think Mark sucked out...only way HE COULD win ;)
  • Yea.. I won...

But Kristy pwned me 99.9% of the game

Mark
  • My highlight was putting Q9 on super-monkey tilt in Pot Limit Omaha.. Finishing him off with KKxx when he couldn't put me away with it was the cruelest twist of fate ever.

Edit: My second highlight was asking Kristy if Graham was here when he was sitting in the next seat beside her.
  • shit, i tottally forgot to meet graham!!!
    Dammit!
  • I'll echo the sentiments.....as a Royal Cup virgin the experience was certainly a great one. The work from the organizers was top notch and there was some fine poker to watch after getting dumped early from my tables. :)

Also nice to put some faces to the forum nics. Looking forward to seeing more of you all.....but maybe a little less of Mark. ;)
  • I think my play of the tournament was this hand:

EP limps, Big Hero Raises, Hero folds, 1 call behind in LP, EP calls.

Flop AKJish -- EP bets, Big Hero open mucks 77 while teaching everyone how to play poker (he had the best hand preflop!) with LP still to act, LP calls.

Hero tells Big Hero to not do that again, Big Hero says he can do what ever he wants, Hero says he can't and queries if Big Hero is always an asshole.

Hero scoops an apology and some silence for the next few rounds.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I think my play of the tournament was this hand:

EP limps, Big Hero Raises, Hero folds, 1 call behind in LP, EP calls.

Flop AKJish -- EP bets, Big Hero open mucks 77 while teaching everyone how to play poker (he had the best hand preflop!) with LP still to act, LP calls.

Hero tells Big Hero to not do that again, Big Hero says he can do what ever he wants, Hero says he can't and queries if Big Hero is always an asshole.

Is Big Hero the same guy who was bragging about folding AA preflop during some $5 side SNGs?

/g2
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    . Hero says he can't and queries if Big Hero is always an asshole.

That was amazing!

I still don't know who that guy was or what team he was playing for, but his behavior was pretty over the top...and if I'm saying that..

GG's all: My favourite part was watching Mark have a wrestling match with a pizza box after the awards ceremony. One Macho Man elbow drop from a chair and that piece of cardboard is officially his bitch.
  • g2 wrote: »
    Is Big Hero the same guy who was bragging about folding AA preflop during some $5 side SNGs?

/g2

Who else?

He knows the odds.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    "Ditto"

Mark

Ditto +1.

When's the next one?
  • I believe that 'Big Hero' is how they expect 'BBC Z' to act in public, if you haven't met me before..
  • Thanks again Sandro and Miranda and everybody else involved. Also a big thank you to the other 6 players from my team who found the time to show up, and to Jenn for stepping in and playing our 8th heads up match!

I'm still not sure how we managed to get this tournament started on time with all the news players, and keep it on schedule with 10 teams.
  • I've added a few pics to the Facebook group.

Login | Facebook
  • I just wanted to agree it was an awesome day...and wanted to thank Sandro Miranda and Jen for all there help..and my team..:s:You guys rocked:s:...

it was nice to meet some new faces and see people i hadnt seen since september.....It was a great day and I cant wait till we play the next one...

And Mark...u look sooo good in lip gloss..you should sport it more often...

/g2

I think I was at a table with Big Hero. For some reason he needed to show me 75% of the cards he had....once when I was still in play. Thankfully mine was a no brainer fold hand or I would have been even more uncomfortable.
  • And Mark...u look sooo good in lip gloss..you should sport it in public more often...
    Fixed....

/g2
  • I had a blast at my first royal cup and can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to all who organized and participated.
    Fixed....

/g2

Thanks greg....my bad :)....Definately in public!!!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I've added a few pics to the Facebook group.
    Thanks....
  • On behalf of 'The Bins' (worst name ever - I was the captain and didn't even know what it meant) .. we'd like to thank Sandro, Miranda and Jen. Everyone had a blast playing this fantastic event. If only we could've used our drinking power that was 'wasted' Friday night. This same drinking power caused us to be a player short by round 2.

Also I think I can speak for the team again by saying we were all very impressed with Mark's rye & ginger fueled no limit or pants win. Hilarious ! It really was a great Saturday and a very fun well ran event.

Can't wait for the next one in the fall !!!!!!

oh ya ....

Big Hero laid into Brent and I about preflop pocket aces at a $5 sng. This was a pretty funny convo that went something like this;

Big Hero: I fold AA preflop in a 8 handed tourney table easy! I have people that will tell you I do it all the time.
    Brent: What?
    Me: uhhhh ? Why?
    Big Hero: They're a statistical underdog.
    Brent: What are you talking about?
    Me: Underdog to what?
    Big Hero: (speaking volume +8) You guys just don't understand. My game is way over your heads.
    Table: Akward silence that last 2 hands.

fast forward 10 mins -limit holdem round starts - Big Hero to my immediate left - I borrow ipod.
    hahaha
  • Looking forward to seeing more of you all.....but maybe a little less of Mark. ;)

We can all wish can't we?

Next RC pants are mandatory :)
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    My highlight was putting Q9 on super-monkey tilt in Pot Limit Omaha.. Finishing him off with KKxx when he couldn't put me away with it was the cruelest twist of fate ever.

Edit: My second highlight was asking Kristy if Graham was here when he was sitting in the next seat beside her.

That was the ONLY hand you were actually ahead on preflop, then I flop a set of 9s, and you river a damn straight on me.

Obv RCV is rigged.
  • As a first timer I had a great time, Thanks to all who helped put this event together. Next year we will have eight people all day, and a new name. Chris(the bins)