FYP
QFT
POTD
POTW
POTM
POTY
In.
etc

are legal posts without forcing everyone to add meaningless asdfasdf at the end all the time?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Moose,

The reasoning the min post length is set to 3 characters is due to the CPF bucks. In reality most 3 letter posts are completely pointless and add little or no value to the site. I am guilty of this myself from time to time, and completely understand your point, but here is the question that comes up each time I think about this. Do you think a member should really be paid to constantly say LOL in threads? IMO we should be rewarding people for providing feedback on a particular thread, not for making a 3-letter reponse.

Ideally I would like to allow this, but ony award CPF bucks for posts over X characters, but I am not sure this is possible.

What do you think? Do you see it from my POV?
  • Graham wrote: »
    Hi Moose,
    Ideally I would like to allow this, but ony award CPF bucks for posts over X characters, but I am not sure this is possible.

I think this is the way to go ... you should look into it!
  • Moose's point though is that the 10 character minimum doesn't stop anyone from posting 'LOL' or whatever. They just add 'asdfasdf' or some other scribble to lengthen the post.

I'd have no problem with there being a minimum number of characters required in order to get a CPF buck. But in the meantime, could you get rid of the 10 char minimum rule to save us the hassle?

/g2
  • I fail at life.
  • Most short posts are in the home games section anyway, where there are no CPF bux awarded.

Can we change the min 5? As in "I'm in"
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    I fail at life.

lol

sdfdfdsa
  • g2 wrote: »
    Moose's point though is that the 10 character minimum doesn't stop anyone from posting 'LOL' or whatever. They just add 'asdfasdf' or some other scribble to lengthen the post.

I'd have no problem with there being a minimum number of characters required in order to get a CPF buck. But in the meantime, could you get rid of the 10 char minimum rule to save us the hassle?

/g2

I agree completely, and I know that rule has no affect on the existing members, but it may stop some of the newer members.

Regardless, I will look into this. To be completely honest, I don't even know where this setting was put in as I have looked through the admin panel and can't find it, but I will keep looking and try to come up with a solution.
    Regardless, I will look into this. To be completely honest, I don't even know where this setting was put in as I have looked through the admin panel and can't find it, but I will keep looking and try to come up with a solution.

Admin -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Edition Options -> Minimum Characters Per Posts
    I agree completely, and I know that rule has no affect on the existing members, but it may stop some of the newer members.

ORLY

asdfgfdsa
  • Fixed... its now set to 3 chars... now don't go abusing it for CPF bucks ;)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    ban ^

STFU!
  • Btw just as an aside on some other vbulletin forums they have somehow programmed certain strings to automatically convert into web links, like for sponsors etc, but also their name as well.

So as an example anyone typing cpf as part of their thead will automatically convert into a web link for pokerforum.ca when it is posted.

I think it also increases search engine hits or something? Anyways it's a feature you might not be aware of and want to incorporate.
  • gg

DOH!

/g2
  • moose wrote: »
    Btw just as an aside on some other vbulletin forums they have somehow programmed certain strings to automatically convert into web links, like for sponsors etc, but also their name as well.

So as an example anyone typing cpf as part of their thead will automatically convert into a web link for pokerforum.ca when it is posted.

I think it also increases search engine hits or something? Anyways it's a feature you might not be aware of and want to incorporate.

Thanks Moose, I have been looking into that for a while and finally found something a few weeks ago (thanks to my friend that owns Cardschat.com). I will probably be implementing this soon when I get some more free time. :D
  • This thread is an example of why I KEEP coming back here..

WP all...
  • moose wrote: »
    np.

nh!