Important Poll

Very important stuff here.

Comments

• Good idea... let's hear what the majority is on this one.
  • Perhaps a clarifiaction of the question.....

Do you agree with the use of profanity filters HERE?

On the Disneyworld message board I would vote yes......here not so much.
  • I think the real question is do you agree with removing filtering the f-word in posts, because I assume that is what this is about... am I right? If so, I'll change the post.
  • Personally i really don't give a ****. You can get your message accross with out the word and my vocabulary is big enough that I can survive with out it.

I just put the poll up here cause I was feeling punchy and it would be interesting to see how it washes out.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Personally i really don't give a ****. You can get your message accross with out the word and my vocabulary is big enough that I can survive with out it.

I just put the poll up here cause I was feeling punchy and it would be interesting to see how it washes out.

I agree completely... and those that use it I am sure feel the same way... I know I slip it in every once in a while, and frankly could care less if it turns it into ****. The point gets accross either way. I think it is a good idea to see what everyone thinks though... thanks for starting this poll!
  • I really couldn't care less either way.. I do know profanity filters are used in the chat for at least some of the poker sites so it's not only around childrens sites. I'm not even sure I agree with the boss here though. I was never against the casual use of the **** word nor most any other swear word, it's only when they are used in the context of a direct attack against another member as stated in the site rules. If the poll comes down strongly against filtering it sure won't offend me and I would have no problem with the removing of the filter.
  • I have voted, but will not say how. I am ambivalent as to the usage of curse words. I will also be ambivalent if they are (not) banned/filtered. As I have stated elsewhere, I think filtering is an acceptable compromise, as it does not impose restrictions on what a person sends to the Forum for publication (so to speak), only what is actually posted. Agreed that personal attacks are a whole different issue, swearing or not. Graham, I think you can look at the increased activity of late, both positive and negative, as a good reflection on your first moves as owner. Just remember to wear a cup, and tighten your chin strap when you open your site, okay?

Cheers.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Just remember to wear a cup, and tighten your chin strap when you open your site, okay?

Cheers.
    He may also need the site flame retardant suit as well. Now where did the previous owner leave that? It was in the agreement of purchase and sale wasn't it Graham?