HBK Royal Cup pre-tournament get-together?

I'd like to get together with my team on Friday night to discuss some strategy around how we'll out-man-flirt the competition. We could practice this over a few beverages if you'd like. I first have to see if I can leave work by 8pm on Friday but I would be free very soon after that. I was thinking we could get together at Marios place even though he isnt on our team but he does have a nice table and likes to drink/manflirt. I also have not yet ran this by Mario. Mark, please talk to Mario.

Who is in(terested)? I also wouldn't be opposed to other people from other teams coming (with hosts permission of course)

1. C stp
2. Mario
3. Princess Jen
4. DrTyore
5. Jeremy
6. JohnnieH
7. Metro (back on the market?)
8. BigE
9. Mandy

Captain stp

Comments

• Here we go...

Captain competitive... lol

PS.. mario has a nice table?? where from... lol
  • folded wrote: »
    Here we go...

Captain competitive... lol

PS.. mario has a nice table?? where from... lol

Cory, you're welcome to come if this thing happens. You can lose some money on your old table, yes that you made, and still be home by 10pm to tuck Suzie into bed. Really though, it's to bad your "to busy" to play on Saturday. You must be dissapointed.

C stp
  • I am a little sad... I had a blast last time
  • I'd like to attend but dont think i can.

sorry

labeach
  • stpboy wrote: »
    I'd like to get together with my team on Friday night to discuss some strategy around how we'll out-man-flirt the competition. We could practice this over a few beverages if you'd like. I first have to see if I can leave work by 8pm on Friday but I would be free very soon after that. I was thinking we could get together at Marios place even though he isnt on our team but he does have a nice table and likes to drink/manflirt. I also have not yet ran this by Mario. Mark, please talk to Mario.

Who is in(terested)? I also wouldn't be opposed to other people from other teams coming (with hosts permission of course)

Captain stp

What kind of captian sends some one else to do your man flirting? LOL....
  • Ok, I just man-flirted with Mario and he's good to go. Who's in?

stp
  • I'll be there

Mark
  • I can make it.
  • Mark me down as tentative.

Since I will be playing poker all day and night on Saturday – I am not even going to ask if I can play Friday night.

The tentative part comes in if I have someone to ask….

I’ll keep you posted.
  • ummm...if a game breaks out I'm 3 blocks away...perhaps I could spy for Kit II and donk off some cash?????
  • Can't make it. Working every waking hour this week to ensure I can make it Saturday, so Friday night is definitely out. Sorry guys...
  • Is this meeting to teach others "don't knock out your teammates in a team competition like that donkey Al did to me at the Pirahna Poker event"?

Still a little embarassed that I didn't think through the strategy of that one... Won't happen with my new team on Saturday :-)
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Still a little embarassed that I didn't think through the strategy of that one... Won't happen with my new team on Saturday :-)
    Don't have to worry about that Al, you never play against your own team members at the RC.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Don't have to worry about that Al, you never play against your own team members at the RC.

/g2

except for side games ;)
  • I can't make Friday if I want to come on Saturday.
  • The Pirana Poker Olympics was a lot of fun, but the Royal Cup's separate tables is a lot better for a team event. Daniel Negreanu hated a bad team format in which it was okay for Tony G and his Australian teammates to collude and employ team tactics at the same table, which would be considered cheating or highly unethical in a regular poker game. That is why Negreanu refused to participate in the PokerBowl, in which signaling and team cheating was actually encouraged.

Another big difference between the two events was that the heads-up event at the Poker Olympics was decided by who had more chips and stalled better for the short 30-minute deadline. :confused: Just like at the Royal Cup, a heads-up winner should be decided on who wins all the chips with no time deadline.
    g2 wrote: »
  • I agree,Buddy.

I'd like to add the bounty's (souls) also seem to throw the balence of points out of whack.

But hey, the Pirana Olympics was free. What can you do?

Johnnie
  • I will be home some do to snow day YES! so call me if you want to come early or show up around 8pm.
  • Malt.. I"m heading over it like 1/2 hour

Mark
  • Add Mandy and Jeremy to the list.
  • I'm re-tiling my kitchen floor, but I anticipate being there for the 8Pm practice.

Can someone PM Mario's address?

Thanks,

Johnnie
  • So it is safe to say tonight is not considered an HBK event?
  • As was suggested by Captain Boner in the OP.
  • TNORTH wrote: »
    Captain Boner.
    Haha! You have inspired me Metro. I propose that Shannon's new nick be stpboner. :D

/g2
  • you guys are to funny! This is a pre Royal event that mainly consists of HBK's but other are of course welcome, we're practicing our man-flirting remember! See you all there when I get there for 8:15pm. Call Marks cell 5192411572 for directions or call me at 589 1080.

stp
  • Metro, you in?

stp
  • I will likely be in - but I also plan on hitting another game.