Why are all the posts out of order?

Every post I've seen this afternoon is at the top of the thread...see "for the girls (again)" for an example.

Started it at 3:30 AM its showing as though I created it an hour from now..and lousing up the order.

Comments

• I had the same problem but deleted my post. My post appeared to be a problem quoting a post other than the last one. Quoting the 4th message in the thread made my message the 5th post when if should have been the 9th and most recent post. Then when I went to repost it at the end of the thread it i got told it was a duplicate of a message I had posted in the last 5 minutes.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Same problems here.
  • Seeing the same problem too.
  • I'm seeing the same thing.
    It's now 3:34 PM on Nov 3

Looks like this post had the correct time.
  • I had added this to the well? post. I HATE HATE this new software thing Bring us back the old one. PLEASE sloth.
  • Another odd thing...to try to read the most recent post in the mixed up threads, I clicked on the name of the poster, figuring I would just read his/her most recent post, and instead, another member's info came up.

I have to agree with Joe, not a fan.

sstar
  • I am having issues too. What I really hate is that the "Unread Threads" are only considered unread from when you where last on. If you leave and come back they are all considered old posts. I have missed a lot.
  • what do you guys have as your display options?
  • The only option I changed for myself was to switch from the default time to Eastern Time. Ever since then, I am experiencing the same ordering problems as others have reported.

5:28 AM ET
    sloth wrote: »
    what do you guys have as your display options?
  • sloth wrote: »
    what do you guys have as your display options?

Didn't change anything..it appears as though the clock was incorrect for a period of time yesterday(some time after 12am and lasted until 12 pm-ish) leading to the posts being out of order..eg a thread started at 3:30 am showed up as 3:30 pm and therefore posts made at the REAL 12pm after the problem was corrected were placed infront of the OP.

I think its fixed now.
  • I'm still seeing a number of them messed up. I have the display option for the newest first but I'm finding many threads still have the most recent few posts at the bottom. The clock problem may be a good clue.

I'm frustrated. It is very difficult to follow the good fights. :D
  • I also recently changed my time to my local time zone. I don't know if that was the cause.

sstar
  • is this in every section of the forum or in certain parts? I only ask because...whether I'm logged in, or just looking at the site as a visitor, I see all posts in correct order..
  • it looks better now, sloth! nice work ???
  • great. Please keep me posted on this, if they appear out of order, please be sure to include the area of the forum where things appear messed up.
  • Try this guys... Under Users CP, edit options, set thread display mode to “Hybrid”. That seemed to fix it for me as well as putting a thread summary at the top of each thread. You young programming types shoulda been able to figure that oy and not have to rely on an "old" IT guy like me.....
  • compuease wrote: »
    Try this guys... Under Users CP, edit options, set thread display mode to “Hybrid”. That seemed to fix it for me as well as putting a thread summary at the top of each thread. You young programming types shoulda been able to figure that oy and not have to rely on an "old" IT guy like me.....

I had it on hybrid and changed it to try and fix it. However it didn't work. I just hate the way this forum works now.
  • Change your thread display mode to 'Hybrid' it helps put things back in order but yeah, same problem for everyone? I'm sure Sloth has been pm'd by everyone too :)
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I had it on hybrid and changed it to try and fix it. However it didn't work. I just hate the way this forum works now.

i'm working on this as best I can with dozens of requests for very specific changes/tweaks. I understand, after twice in the same thread that you hate the new function and that it does nothing for you at all. Please try and keep a level head about it and keep comments specific and constructive so that I can work to a resolution.

Can't please everyone all the time. I'm sorry that you dispise it with such a passion.
  • Sorry sloth, I am trying to keep a level head about things. I do appreciate the fact that this forum exists due to your hard work. I didn't have a problem (as a user) with the software that previously existed. I'm sure this software works for you as an administrator a lot better.

It just seems (to me anyways) there are far more annoyances (bugs?) in it than previously. I am trying to work with it.

This whole discussion seems to be disjoined and with the wrong post order.Since you requested help in locating them here are two I'm having trouble with.

http://www.pokerforumcanada.com/showthread.php?t=10418

http://www.pokerforumcanada.com/showthread.php?t=10417

Hope this helps solve some of the problem.
  • http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10418

Out of order for me too. BigE's first post is halfway down.
  • Sloth, is there not a way to simply order the posts in a thread by their assigned post number? Unless I stay in 'Hybrid' mode, which I don't care for, it still sorts incorrectly regardless of section? As soon as I switch back to 'Linear' mode the order gets messed up?

EDIT: I just noticed in linear mode it renumbers all the posts so my idea is useless....and the views are still messed up unless you are in Hybrid mode?